The Geography of China
The Geography of China
Michele Lasker and Joan Sizemore
November 10, 2002 – Handout
Worksheet of Instructions for
Labeling the Provinces and Geographic Features – Two Maps
Map 1 – Geographic Features
1. Label the following bodies of water using blue.
Pacific Ocean, Yangtze River, Pearl River, East China Sea, South China Sea, Sea of
Okhotsk, and Yellow Sea
2. Label the following cities using a star within a circle.
Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’An, Canton, Harbin, Urumqi, and Guangzhou
3. Label the following mountain ranges with an upside down v.
Himalayas, Quinling, and Altai
4. Label the Islands in yellow.
Hainan, and Hong Kong
5. Label the countries in green.
Mongolia, Russia, Japan, Vietnam Laos
6. Label the desert in brown.
The Gobi Desert
Map 2 – The Provinces
7. On the Label the provinces that have the nine minorities that we will
be studying using green, purple, orange, red, and yellow. Shade
lightly with your map pencils. All of the labels need to be placed
horizontally and should be printed.
Anhui, Gansu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Hainan, Heilongjiang, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Guizhou,
Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Liaoning, Sha’anxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang, Hunan, Qinghai, Shandong,
Sichuan, Taiwan, and Yunnan.
8. Locate your minority group using the Map of the Distribution of
Nationalities in the Peoples’ Republic of China, 1998
The minorities are: The Dong, the Miao, the Uighur, the Zhuang, the Man, the Dai, the
Bai, the Oroqen, and the Li.
- Related pdf books
- Yale 2013 PIER Summer Institutes
- Yale University Human Research Protection Program
- Yale University Institutional Review Boards
- The Difficulty of Being Good
- TAX MORALE AND FISCAL POLICY
- Yale University Human Research Protection Program Procedure ...
- Lunch and Learn Save the date! February Books - Yale University
- FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY Bookstores; American Booksellers ...
- THE YALE HISTORICAL REVIEW
- Tondora, Janis L. Assistant Clinical Professor - Yale University
- LYNNE REGAN
- How to Write a Winning Abstract for Grant Applications Graduate
- inequality, mobility, sociality In Contemporary India
- Landscape changes in the Middle East
- Australia and Tasmania: Mexico: Netherlands: Philippines ...
- THE CANONS OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
- 04-05YUWO Annual Report.indd - Yale University
- Popular epubs
- Geography,Economic Policy,and Regional Development in China
- Geography Shapes Life in Ancient China
- Geography Geography Geography
- GEOGRAPHY OF THE UNITED STATES Geography 321 [#15245] — Spring ...
- Medical geography or geography of health? A reflection Flávia de ...
- Geography / 159 Geography
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA Department of Geography GEOGRAPHY 3280 ...
- Department of Geography UNDERGRADUATE COURSES IN Geography
- CHINA CHINA CHINA CHINA
- 2000 Census Geography 2000 Census Geography
- China documentary features local businesses - 2004-03-01 - Pacific Business News (Honolulu) Page 1 of 3
- A Multilingual Geographic Feature Classification Index for China and Japan