LEADING THE WAY IN RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL
MEMBERS OF THE LEADING HOTELS OF THE WORLD MAKE A DIFFERENCE
From helping to protect wildlife, to preserving cultural treasures, to supporting their local communities – Leading Hotels
exert a positive impact.
For luxury travelers who have seen much of the world, traveling responsibly has become a major priority.
Traveling responsibly can mean staying at hotels that make concerted efforts to operate in an ecologically sound manner,
visiting resorts that sponsor educational programs to support the local community, or choosing a property which helps to
foster art and culture.
Just a quick survey of the members of The Leading Hotels of the World demonstrates the many ways in which our
members exercise a positive impact on their local communities, and by extension, on the world around us.
Following are just a few examples of how The Leading Hotels of the World – and by extension their guests – are doing
their part to improve the world we live in.
Community, Charity and Culture
Our colleagues at The Rittenhouse in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, take their responsibilities to the local community very
seriously. Management and staff actively support a number of local organizations, including:
• The Cradle of Liberty Council – Boy Scouts of America, serving over 65,000 scouts
• Philadelphia Art Alliance – offering financial support, and by devoting 1,000 square feet of space to the PAA
acting as a satellite art gallery, exhibiting 3 to 5 shows a year.
• Hero Scholarship Fund –for children of firemen and policemen who have died in the line of duty.
And various educational institutions:
• Restaurant School of Walnut Hill College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Tourist and Hospitality School at Temple, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Widener University Hotel School, Chester, Pennsylvania
• Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
• Academy of Vocal Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -the only tuition-free institution dedicated exclusively to the
study of voice.
Guest rooms at the hotel are stocked with CDs from The Academy of Vocal Arts, The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
and The Curtis Institute of Music, and the hotel encourages guests to take the CDs, helping to promote culture in the
- Related pdf books
- Popular epubs
- eading Literacy in the United States eading Literacy in the ...
- HE EADING ENTER 1: R TEP EADING OOM LACEMENT NSTRUCTIONS OR
- EADING TRATEGIES ONTENT REAS FOR THE
- M.A. (2004-2005) EADING
- ECOMMENDED EADING REPARATION FOR THE RESBYTERIAN RDINATION XAMS ...
- UCCESSFUL OCIAL HANGE EADING AND TS ALUES ISCOVERY THROUGH ...
- R EADING L IST A MERICAN L ITERATURE AND C ULTURE - TH C ENTURY: C ...
- eading the nation
- ® CrEATING AND r EADING b Ar Gr APHS reADy To reAD?
- L EADING C OLLABORATION IN N ETWORKED B USINESS - 10th of January ...
- Reading List
- Logical Fallacies